domingo, 20 de fevereiro de 2011

movies and words...

Jesse: Um, do you believe in reincarnation?

Céline: Yeah, yeah, it’s interesting.

Jesse: Most people, you know, a lot of people talk about the past lives, and things like that, you know, and even if they don’t believe in it in some specific way, you know, people have some kind of notion of an eternal soul, right?

Céline: Yeah.


Jesse: Okay. Well, this is my thought. Fifty thousand years ago, there are not even a million people on the planet. Ten thousand years ago, there’s like two million people on the planet. Now, there’s between five and six billion people on the planet, right? Now, if we all have our own, like, individual, unique soul, right, where do they all come from? Are modern souls only a fraction of the original souls?. Because if they are, that represents a five thousand-to-one split of each soul in just the last fifty thousand years, which is like a blip in the earth’s time. You know, so, at best, we’re like these tiny fractions of people, you know, walking… I mean, is that why we’re all so scattered? You know, is that why we’re all so specialized?

Céline: Wait a minute, I’m not sure I…I don’t….


Jesse: Hang on, I know, I know, its a totally scattered thought, which is kind of why it makes sense.


Sem comentários: